Magura MB08XC

MTB for the streets
maguraista

Magura MB08XC

Post by maguraista » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:05 pm

sorry about the delay, as some of you know had a few problems. But enough of that managed to get a couple of quick pics in the yard. Whilst on a trip to Lincoln I swung by Superstar components as it turns out they are based in my home town. Whilst they haven't got a factory shop as yet they were more than willing to do direct sales rather than wait for the postie. Got the bars and stem that are in the pics, sorted me out a good price as well. Still a few changes to be made yet, different tyres, cranks and hoses need sorting. But otherwise she's nearly there. Its running 1x9 set up, with a XT shifter leading to XTR rear mech. The brakes are Magura mt2's. The wheels are Fulcrum red power xl. Im sure I will make other changes over time. Would like to find a modern set of magura forks to give me a bouncy front end option, but they are hard to find at the right price (cheap) :D

Rojo

Re: Urban rigs

Post by Rojo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Hope things getting better mate!!

Liking that!

How much the stuff cost from superstar?

What modern forks you looking for?

maguraista

Post by maguraista » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:17 pm

I Got the bars and stem for a score. Will be looking for some md or durin that kind of magura fork.

Also my fat rubber turned up today, finally went for some geax tattoo 26x2.3 tyres. Look fatter than 2.3 on my rims. Really soft compound rubber and the grip goes from bead to bead. Will try and get some better pics now its on the kinda rubber I really wanted for it.

Rojo

Post by Rojo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:14 pm

That was a good price handy being local .

Look forward to new photos the tyres sound good.

maguraista

Re: Magura MB08XC

Post by maguraista » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:24 am

Well best laid plans and all that, the mrs's father has been rushed into hospital so im sat around cant go out as I have to be ready for taxi duties at the drop of a hat. But have taken some piccys to show the new rubber. Really pleased with how its starting to look, might try and squeeze some 2.5 hookworms in there next time round.

Rojo

Post by Rojo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Looking good with those tyres!!

Hope father in law is ok.

My best mates mother inlaw is fighting for her life as being knocked over. Been terrible couple of days the family is all very shocked by it all, she saved my mates daughters life( her grandchild) .

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:44 pm

I really like the look of fat rubber on skinny rims, my Endorphin is running 2.2/2.3s.

Those tyres look prefect for urban assault, knobblies are just too slidy and noisy on tarmac.

maguraista

Post by maguraista » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:55 pm

I think the bead to bead grip helps with the round look of them. Urban assault thats the kinda look I wanted, just need to ditch the ugly cranks and its pretty much done.

Did a bit of digging into the frames manufacture. They were a bit of a badge engineered kinda deal, it looks more than likely it came from a german maker called Drossiger.

http://www.droessiger.de/

But cant seem to find out what grade tubing they used. Not that I mind its a very svelte 1500g for an 18" frame.

Rojo

Post by Rojo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Cool mate nice bit of detective work.

What cranks you going for?

maguraista

Post by maguraista » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Not sure on which cranks to go for, they need to be black is as far as I have got so far.